The code itself is pretty easy to follow, if you know anything about SSIS programming ;). It just accepts the input columns (ErrorCode is required, all others optional) and creates the new columns I want to pass out which are:
- ErrorDesc - retrieved using the ErrorCode passed in.
- ErrorTask - the Data Flow which hosts the component.
- ErrorStep - the name of the Error Details component. If anyone knows how to get the name of the previous component let me know as that is really what I'd like to have here.
- PackageTime - the start time of the containing package.
- ErrorDetails - an xml document consisting of name-value pairs based on the input columns.
Feel free to use the component and improve on it. I make no warranties on it.
I have posted the code and component in zip format on my new SkyDrive account (link at the bottom of the post). I had to create the SkyDrive account because I can't put attachments on the blog. The code is also attached to the discussion of the article on SQLServerCentral, here.