Register for the event at http://www.sqlsaturday.com/register.aspx.
Some reasons to attend:
- I'll be there! Seriously if we haven't met we'll have the chance and I'll also be presenting one session, Getting Started with SQL Server Profiler 2005.
- It's free! You can't beat that price. Even if you can only make a few sessions the price is right.
- The speakers know their stuff! This is not a place where you only get theory. You'll see real-world examples and methods that work.
- You get to meet many experienced professionals who are willing to help you out and that you can help out.
- You are supporting local people. Most of the speakers are local professionals who are donating their time and expertise to help YOU! So help them out by attending and letting them know what you think.
- Networking, networking, networking. It's not what you know, it's who you know.
- Free stuff. Raffles for some good prizes and lots of books given out. I don't know what the prizes are, but there is always something like an XBOX given away.
- You'll learn something you can use. Last year I attended and learned how to use DDL triggers and more about performance tuning. I have used both in my work.