My theme word for the year is going to be “Finish”.
- Write 1 article per quarter for SQLServerCentral. I didn’t finish it in 2009 so I’ll try again this year.
- Submit 1 video per quarter to SQLShare. Again, an unfinished goal from last year that I’ll try again this year.
- Grow OPASS from 15-20 attendees to 25+ per meeting.
- Speak at 4 events this year (user groups, SQLSaturday’s, PASS Summit?)
- Present for one PASS Virtual Chapter
- Two blog posts a week with at least 3 scheduled. I managed to average 2 posts a week in 2009, but rarely had anything scheduled.
- Read 2 technical and 2 professional development (productivity, networking) books. I always have trouble finishing books I’m supposed to learn from and even more trouble applying what I’ve read.
- Get MCITP: Database Administrator 2008 – I’ve never considered certification that important, but as I move forward in my career I think this will help.
- Develop an application (C# or PowerShell) to automate testing of backups. Copy and restore on test server. I’d like it to be able to automatically restore Full/Diff/Transaction Log backups, even to a point in time restore.
- Learn how to and do a page restore. I’ve a read about them, but never tried to do one.
- Develop an application (C#) that uses SQL Compact Edition for offline access and uses SQL Azure for storage.
- Lose 25 lbs. Do this through regular exercise and eating better. Did well in Active August, but hurt my ankle in September and didn’t finish.
- Play my bass guitar 10 minutes a day to finish the book my wife got for me.
- Study my Bible every day. I read now, but I want to really study to really finish this goal.
I don’t know, am I being too ambitious?