Monday, August 31, 2009

Active August – Final Recap

Well, I had a pretty good week this week.  I made an effort and met all my goals:

  1. Eat smaller portions – this is going well.  My body has adjusted to eating smaller portions so I am “filling up” faster and not feeling hungry as much.
  2. Healthier snacks – did a good job on this one as I ate more grapes and other fruit.  Very little in the way of junk.
  3. 20 minutes of purposeful exercise 6 days a week – didn’t really meet this one this week.  I had 2 days of basketball (Mon., Tues.) and on Friday and Saturday had to clean my kids school which was about 5 hours of moving furniture, sweeping, and mopping.  I counted that as my exercise.
  4. Sit-ups and push-ups every day adding 10 each week.  I made this one with some extra as I did 70 sit-ups and +0 push-ups on Friday night to close the week. 

Last week I weighed in at 180, Saturday morning at 178.5.  Here’s a chart to plot my weight loss:

image

Final Thoughts

I’m pretty happy with the weight loss, 6 pounds in a month.  It’s been about 2 years since I was last under 180 so I’m very happy with that.  As I have said all along, this is more about life style change and I think that has been pretty successful. I’m definitely eating less and eating healthier without really missing the snacking and junk food too much.  I’d like to continue to work on my diet and exercise and continue to slowly and steadily lose weight (1-2 lbs a week).  If I can keep that pace, I should be down to about 165 by the PASS SUMMIT and that would be great!

Thanks to Mike Walsh, for starting ActiveAugust, and others involved for keeping me motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think I am?