Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Speaking at SQLSaturday #40 – South Florida

I finally get to head down to Miramar to speak at SQLSaturday #40 – South Florida.  I really wanted to go last year, but I was in New England at the time, so I couldn’t make it.  So this weekend, July 30-31, I’ll be making the drive down to attend the speaker dinner and the event on Saturday.  I have one session titled:

Don’t Be Trigger Happy:  Safe Use of Triggers

This is a beginner level session that will give an overview of the different types of triggers available in SQL Server and then will focus on specifically on the safe use of DML triggers. We will talk about when to use triggers and touch on other options. I will demonstrate of both safe and unsafe triggers

If you didn’t notice already, I do struggle with titles and abstracts although my abstract writing has improved since I wrote this one because I read over 150 as part of the 2010 PASS Summit Program Committee.  You can’t help but get better when you read that many abstracts.

I hope to see you there.  If we haven’t met and you read this blog, be sure to find me and introduce yourself.  If we have met, you hopefully won’t have to introduce yourself again.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Now Jack,

    Sure is gonna be a great event!

    Thx 4 the info,
    Catto

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think I am?